i cant install zone alarm anymore

Good. ZA has problems they just don't fix. Go to Sygate, you be much happier.

Reply to
Quaestor
Loading thread data ...

is this a hack?

I tried to install few versions , installation always fails.

Reply to
Ivan Simurina

If you have used previous versions of ZA, maybe you could try a full uninstall before you install the new one.

If you have performed an uninstall already then skip the first step and follow each step carefully. If a file or folder does not exist, then it may have been deleted already, and you can go to the next step.

1. To uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro click on the Start Menu-> Programs->Zone Labs-> Uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro. The uninstaller will guide you through the process; answer yes to any files it prompts you to delete. In some cases you may be unable to use the uninstaller. When this happens: Win9x/ME: Press ctrl-alt-del and end the following tasks if they are running: vsmon, minilog, and zonealarm Winnt: go to start->settings->control panel, open services and stop Truevector Internet Monitor, it may ask you to stop Truevector Logging Client which is ok as well. Select Startup in the services applet and set both Truevector Services to disabled Win2k: click start->run and type services.msc . Stop Truevector Internet Monitor and set it to disabled. Do the same for Truevector Logging Client as well.

Reboot your system into either Safe Mode or to Command Prompt (the method is determined by your OS but normally either pressing F8 at the beep, or holding the control key during boot up works).

To make sure that you can see the ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Pro system files, if they are still on your computer:

Right-click on Start, then left-click on Explore. When the Windows Explorer panel appears: - In Windows 95,98,and NT: Click View>Options (in Windows 98, this will be called "Folder Options"). Click the "View" tab, then click the "Show all files" radio button.

Don't give up on ZA yet; there may just be an old file somewhere that messes up your install process.

Reply to
Iceman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.