Upgraded Zone Alarm - Now it doesn't run

Yesterday I got what appeared to be a routine notification that an upgrade for Zone Alarm (free version) was available.

I dutifully downloaded and installed it and then rebooted my machine.

As the machine was booting up, instead of loading Zone Alarm, it gave me this warning:

"License Expired "Zone Labs Security Options "Reminders to Protect Your Computing Environment "etc, etc, blah blah blah

So as I type this, I have no Zone Alarm firewall installed.

I've tried clicking on the Zone Alarm shortcut on my Win 98 Start Menu, but nothing happens. I wonder if I can go back to the previous upgrade. I guess I've got nothing to lose by trying.

In the meantime, can someone offer me some guidance on how to get the upgrade to work?

The file I downloaded is named: zlsSetup_55_094-000.exe

I downloaded in April 27, 2005.

Reply to
spamless_in_seattle
Loading thread data ...

spamless_in snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1114741215.692209.181270 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

is it a valid license?

Reply to
Darko Gavrilovic

spamless_in snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 28 Apr 2005 19:20:15 -0700:

Looks like the upgrade you were directed to was for the Pro version, or you clicked on the wrong download if it spat up a web page in your browser. The latter is easy enough to do as they push the Pro version download in your face a lot.

Dan

Reply to
Spack

"Spack" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

That might do it.

Here is the link for ZA Free upgrade. It looks like the *.exe is different than for ZA Pro.

formatting link

Reply to
Darko Gavrilovic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.