Questio about intrusions in Zone Alarm

I have Zone Alarm Pro 5.5

I just keep having a lot of intrusions (firewall type) that are blocked by zone alarm.

The message that I get is: ZoneAlarm Pro blocked traffic to port XXXX on your machine from port XXXX on a remote computer whose IP address is

212.162.XXXXX. This communication attempt may have been a port scan, or simply one of the millions of unsolicited commercial or network control messages that are routinely sent out over the Internet. Such unsolicited messages are often called Internet background noise.

The problem is that I get about over 100 000 attempts per day !!! Is there a way to stop this ?

Many thanks in adavance for your advise

Reply to
Laura25
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
You can yourself a $20 NAT router a border device and put it in front of the machine. It will stop all of that below.

You use a NAT router and the unsolicited scans, attacks and background noise will never reach the computer where the O/S and personal FW/packet filter will suck up the machine's resounces fending them off and you can do more productive things and go on about your business and not even notice it. You can use ZA on the machine to supplement the NAT router on outbound protection if need be. A NAT router is a plug it up and go device that needs little or no configuration on your part.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Hi Laura:

Do you mean that you want to stop the intrusions attempts notifications or the intrusions itself?

If you mean the notifications it's easy ,in your Zonealarm software click on Alerts & Logs and in the Main tab you will find an option called(Alerts events shown) ,either choose medium or off ,but it's better to set it to medium to insure of getting notifications about the serious attempts cause most of the notifications you get is simply some one scanning your ISP's ranges of IPs or some ordinary network traffic misunderstood by Zonealarm due to incorrect configuration ,and also make sure to enable the events logging option in the case of needing to review the logs in the future.

And if you mean stopping the intrusions attempts itself(and I don't think you mean it) there's absolutely no way to stop someone from trying but you are mostly safe from those attempts (I get about 200+ attempts per day at my home's PC and 98% of the total number is just weak attempts or simply ports scanning).

Reply to
NightLegend

Thanks for all your infos, NightLegend & Duane.

Laura

"Duane Arnold" a écrit dans le message de news: obHDe.168234$x96.137805@attbi_s72...

Reply to
Laura25

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.