Zone Alarm and SAVRoam??

Just recently installed Verizon DSL and so got my copy of Zone Alarm running. I am paranoid!

Periodically I get an alert that a program called SAVRoam is trying to get into the internet (for DNS service I think). Best I can figure is SAVRoam is somehow associated with the Noton Corporate Symantec)antivirus that I use. Other than clicking OK everytime ZoneAlarm denies access, is there anything else I ought do?

I cannot find anywhere (registry incl) where SAVRoam starts so I cannot stop it from starting. Should I terminate it in Task Manager??

Can you tell I'm confused??

Reply to
nick
Loading thread data ...

If you look on symantec's website you can a detailed description of how this software is enabled from the server side. From a brief glance it appears that you may have installed the software as a managed client instead of unmanaged.

JOhn

Reply to
John Mason Jr

John Mason Jr wrote: > If you look on symantec's website you can a detailed description of how

John, thanks bunches. That seems to be it. I uninstalled the anti-virus and re-installed it non-managed and that "threat" seems to be over.

nick

Reply to
nick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.