Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

International Connections
I set up a couple PIX 501's in Houston and Shanghai doing a site to site VPN connection. It comes up and works fine. But its slow. One end is on local provider T1 and the other is local provider DSL....

Cisco 1760, Advanced Security, and VPN?
Can a Cisco VPN Client version 4.8.00.0440 establish a VPN connection to a Cisco 1760 with an IOS Image of c1700-advsecurityk9-mz. I have inherited a Cisco 1760 with an IOS image of...

Binding AAA to loopback?
We are doing a security audit, and one of the items says that AAA services should be bound to the loopback interface. While we have RADIUS and taccasus running on campus, we are not using it on our...

1841 & DNS Resolve Problems
We just swapped out a 1605 with a 1841 Router. Basically I copied the working configuration from the 1605 to 1841. Except for some small differences, the Router comes up and the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 syncs...

Cisco PIX 501 vpngroup user need to be assigned a static IP
Can someone help me? I would like to configure the individual user to obtain a static IP via VPN, this is necessary so I can map to the local printers at the client machine. The internal network is...

No Audio after dialing (Cisco IP Communicator 1.1.4)
Hi, Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4. Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number properly. When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i...

Cisco Console port issue
Hey all, I just got a cisco 2611. I'm trying to hyperterm into it, but I'm getting nothing on the screen. I triple checked the config (9600, 8, None, 1, None), I used about 3 different patch cables,...

Routes received by BGP and OSPF
Hello, We have a router A with several links to other routers. The router A have two links to the same remote router B, and it is using OSPF through one of the links and BGP through the other link. It...

cisco 7920 & 7905
Hello, In my installation i have 2 7905 cisco phones, 4 7960 and 1 7920, The 7920 can't talk with the 2 7905, any idea ? The 7905 can talk to 7960 and the 7920 can talk to 7960. Thank you Athan

VPN 3 sites problem with routing on one
Hi, I am having some trouble getting a new router to work with my already established VPN. I have two 831s that are connected and working running 12.2. The newest router is a 871w and has newer IOS...

CISO acs appliance and windows certificate ...PEAP error
Hi. I have a HUGE problem that i desperately need your help with. I have installed two ACS appliances to be used for IBNS and eventually for NAC. I want to use certificates to authenticate users. I...

Replacing 501 with a 515
Hi, We want to replace our 501 PIX with a 515 PIX, in order to give greater throughput over our VPN to the 515's in our data centres. Both PIX's are running the same IOS 6.3(4) with identical line for...

Network design questions
Hi friends, I just wanted to share a design of an old network, and based on that ask for suggestions on integrating the new network into the old network. The old network has essentially two categories...

layer 3 switch STP
Hi I need to connect a VOIP phone with the voice and PC port connected to the ports of the layer 3 switch. The PC port of the phone connected to the switchport which belongs to the VLAN other than...

Routing Between Two VLA Ns
Tomorrow morning I need to set up routing between two VLANs on a 2950. Both VLANs need access to outside but traffic is not allowed to flow between them. The router is a 3745. This will be my first...