CISO acs appliance and windows certificate ...PEAP error

Hi. I have a HUGE problem that i desperately need your help with. I have installed two ACS appliances to be used for IBNS and eventually for NAC. I want to use certificates to authenticate users. I have windows 2003 enterprise CA setup ( 3-tier). I use the issuing CA to generate the certificates. When i request and install the certificate that goes though without a problem. However when i got to global authentication and try to enable PEAP i get the following message:

Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using "ACS Certification Authority Setup" page

The certificate is installed.

I got a solution from a cisco rep here but it did not work the solution is listed below: Symptom: ACS appliance will not recognize the installed certificate.

Condition:

Cisco Security Agent is running.

1. Install a certificate - GUI will report certificate as installed and validitiy OK.
  2. Enable PEAP
  3. Error appears:

Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using "ACS Certification Authority Setup" page.

Workaround: Disable Cisco Security Agent and repeat the installation procedure. It will succeed. Re-enable Cisco Security Agent.

I desperately need your help in solving this. I have no idea what else to try. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Regards

Reply to
wisdom1999
Loading thread data ...

You are hitting "Install Certificate" twice. After you enter the file name for the certificate to install hit "Install Certificate", the next screen will show the certificate details and the certificate is now installed. At this point you are hitting the "Install Certificate" button again, and deleting the certificate you just installed. I just went through this, and the screens are not very intuitive.

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.