Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cat5500 RAM
I have a 5505 and a 5509 for my home lab. I'm getting ready to take a 5500 off a friend's hands too and I'm getting ready to pick up a 8540 and 7513. I'm in need of a source of RAM for these guys. I...

CCSP Material
Dear All, I need a materials for CCSP examination i have completed my CCNA and I like to proceed to CCSP. Kindly help me. Regards, Karthik

AP 1200
Hi guys, I need to authenticate guests on one of the APs using a username, password only without any MAC authetication, or WEP. Can i do so using LEAP or EAP fast? If not, what would be the least cost...

[QOS] minimal hardware and IOS requirement for QOS
Hi all, I have 2 dozen of router to set up for QOS. I plan to upgrade all to at least C805, (there is some old 1600). there would be just a few users behind each leased line (in average of 128kbits) I...

Trying to locate CVSM - Anyone know where I can get it?
If you just register as a "guest" (no contract) on the cisco site, you then have access to downloading patches. And the tar file contain both the CDSM and the binary image for the switch.

VPN three sites 1 not working right
Hi, I am having some trouble getting a new router to work with my already established VPN. I have two 831s that are connected and working running 12.2. The newest router is a 871w and has newer IOS...

PA-GE on 7120 or 7140
Cisco offers a wide range of products and networking solutions designed for enterprises and small businesses across a variety of industries.

backup GRE tunnel
I really don't understand why you want to use both tunnels for the same subnet. The reason for having 2 tunnels pointing to the same subnet on the same router is just to have a backup in case of...

subnet calculation
Hey, i'm making a test for cisco (CCNA01), but im at a question where i have to calculate subnets. But im not sure how to do this. The question is as follows: A company with a Class B license needs to...

two public IPs on my adsl interface
Hi. I have a Cisco router with one ADSL interface and two Ethernet interfaces. The hosts are conected to the Ethernet0 interface, and the DMZ is Ethernet1. I have two public IP addresses, so I'm going...

802.1x and software deployment (symantec ghost)
In case anyone stumbles across this and is asking the same question here is the answer I was able to find. The issue of deploying software over an 802.1x secured network an be easily taken care of by...

Incoming L2TP sessions stuck in wt-con on Cisco-7,200?
Hello, We are using Cisco 7,200-G1 as an LNS for our local carrier ADSL service termination (the carrier is using Redback for its LAC). We have about 30 tunnels to 30 different Redbacks. After there...

The use of HDLC in Frame relay?
I entered the keywords frame format HDLC frame relay into google, and several of the first several hits looked like they would answer the question.

weighted tail drop
I've been studying and trying to understand below config but i am going nowhere with this. if someone can give me a lead on this would really appreciated. i understand about the assigning buffer part...

Policy based routing on a ASA
Hi Brian, You cannot do policy based routing on the ASA even with the highest available license, because policy based routing is not supported on the ASA or PIX. Also, don't get confused when you see...