Cisco ASA ver 7.2 SNMP anomolies

Hi,

I've got three Cisco devices exhibiting the same phenomenon that I can't find a solution for. One device is an ASA 5510 another device is an ASA 5505 and the third is a PIX 515E. The thing in common is they are all running ver 7.2 software (although I've tried going back to 7.1 and 7.0 on one of these devices to no avail). The issue involves SNMP, specifically the monitoring of traffic counters to create traffic graphs (STG/MRTG etc). I can poll the devices and I get a response. I can list interface descriptions/ip address etc. Everything else appears to be working fine. When I monitor the inbound and outbound OIDs (ie octets in and octets out) I get responses back via SNMP (ie I don't get the big red lines you would see in STG when it's not responding) but the values show zero for both in/out traffic. If I manually view the counters for these OIDs, I can see that there are values showing, but they are not incrementing as you would expect. I've never seen this before and I'm wondering if this is bug/ known issue or if it's configuration. I'm currently monitoring many devices running 6.3 or less without any issues. Any ideas?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
mark.johnson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.