PIX VPDN Configuration

I have been using RADIUS for authentication of VPDN users for quite some time. However, I would like to do more. Essentially, I would like to be able to assign an IP address based on the user, and not some random pool. Also, I would like to use accounting to determine if a user is logged in. Currently, I can check my logs to see when a user logs in, but I do not know if they are still connected. I am using FreeRADIUS with an LDAP backend. This LDAP backend is shared with Samba and Postfix/Cyrus.

Reply to
Dustin
Loading thread data ...

What radius server are you using? With Windows Server Active Directory you can assign the IP and even a static route to any user. I use this now for several hundred clients some I give a static IP and some I want to assign from the pool. Check your radius package to see if you can do this. In Windows it is on the Dialin user tab of the user account

Joe Scharbrough snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
jds

As I stated, I use FreeRADIUS. Is your situation with using a Windows Server as the VPN endpoint? I want to actually us my PIX as the endpoint.

Reply to
Dustin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.