Pix 501 Vpn client question

Hi all,

i've a pix 501 working as vpn server. I can connect with vpn XP client connection (pptp). Authentication is done via RADIUS. Vpn clients get an ip from vpnpool2 pool when connected.

I wish to specify the ip address client side, but if a specify ip in the tcp/ip properties of the xp connection, i get a 735 error from server (pix).

How can i, also, configure the pix to accept the client ip address instead getting it from the pool??

...... vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP accept dialin pptp vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication pap vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication chap vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication mschap vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp encryption mppe auto vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration address local vpnpool2 vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration dns 192.168.5.5 vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client authentication aaa vpnauth vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client accounting vpnauth vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP pptp echo 60 .....

where vpnpool2 ..... ip local pool vpnpool2 192.168.4.201-192.168.4.250 .....

Thanks in advance for any help...

Reply to
Kubrik
Loading thread data ...

Is it impossible? any help appreciated...thanks.

Reply to
Kubrik

I think this is not possible because the command 'vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration address local vpnpool2 ' does not give the flexibility.

However, you can try one thing. Delete this command from the configuration and try setting up the IP addresses on the RADIUS. You can not connect with an IP address configured in the PPTP client in XP.

-Vikas

Reply to
Vikas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.