Ho to prevent vpdn users to access router ?

Hi

I have a router configured as vpdn dial-in device. I authenticate via radius. How can I prevent my dial-in users to login to the router itself. Some of the dial-in users are also admins, and I do not want to remove the radius auth on login.

My config:

aaa authentication login default local group radius aaa authentication login console none aaa authentication ppp default local group radius aaa authorization network default local group radius aaa authorization auth-proxy default group radius

Typical radius users

myuser User-Password == "fatchance" Service-Type = Framed-User, Framed-Protocol = PPP, Filter-Id = "StdUser"

Brgds Johan

Reply to
John Doe
Loading thread data ...

Hi John,

How can I prevent my dial-in users to login to the router itself.

radius auth on login.

Its actually very simple, just put an ACL on the VTY port either blocking access from the untrusted segment or allowingn only trusted segments in.

Cheers..............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Well thanks.. Yes, that is one way, but my network admins may move around, and I would like the freedom of allowing them access from whereever they may be. Is there no parameter in Radius where you can control who has access to login to IOS, and who can use the box as endpoint for a vpn ?

Brgds Johan

Reply to
John Doe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.