Cisco VPN Client AddRoute problem

Hi,

When connected to the VPN, it hits the RADIUS server fine and gets connected but fails to add the route and therefore, I cannot access anything inside the network. I get this error in the logs.

AddRoute failed to add a route: code 87

I cannot find anything online that discusses this error with someone actually getting connected and getting ONLY this error. I get it on the route to my organization's one subnet and I get it only SOME of the time. I can still access the Internet (using split tunneling).

Any ideas? Again, it works most of the time, but when it doesn't work, disconnecting and reconnecting does not do the trick. The next day i connect and all is well. I am connecting over 128 bit WEP wireless connection at home.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Reply to
K.J. 44
Loading thread data ...

In re: your connection to the VPN. I had exactly the same problem.

Are you connecting your VPN client using a machine on a wireless LAN? If so, try hard wiring it to the LAN and see if it works. If it does work when hard wired, check your wireless adapter's Advanced properties and see if there is a parameter called VPN Tunneling Priority (or paraphrased similarly). Disable that parameter and try again. Something about it blocks the return IKE auth packets on the Cisco client over wireless.

The AddRoute failure turned out NOT to be the problem for me. I still get that error in the VPN logs, but everything works in spite of it once I figured out where the problem really was.

Hope this helps, JB

Reply to
james.boberg

Please do not snip the entire content of the message it makes it difficult for other readers see what you are responding to.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

I could not locate the part you are referring to. Could you please be more specific as to where to find this setting?

Thanks.

Chad Mah> > In re: your connection to the VPN. I had exactly the same problem. > >

Reply to
K.J. 44

My Computer\\Manage\\Device Manager\\\\Advanced\\Properties\\...

Not all wireless adapters have the same properties, but as I mentioned, it was the VPN Priority property that was impeding my system.

My specific wireless card was a Dell 1390 Wireless card.

Again, hope this helps,

JB

K.J. 44 wrote:

Reply to
james.boberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.