Cisco PPTP VPN - default gateway (sharing local and VPN resources)

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find a solution.

Cisco 837, with pptp enabled so that I can access my local LAN from the internet.

When i connect to the local LAN, I cannot access local resources AND surf the itnernet at the same time.

The only way I can do this is to untick the "use default gateway" option on the Windows PPTP connection, and then manually add a route using:

route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0

Is there any way within the IOS config to configure this setup?

Many thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Willsher
Loading thread data ...

Hi all,

Serry, I've rephrased my question.

Cisco 837, being used as a pptp VPN. The router is 192.168.1.1, the LAN is 192.168.1.0/24.

When I connect to the VPN using a standard Windows VPN connection, I cannot access resouces on the VPN subnet AND surf the internet at the same time.

The only way I can do this is to untick the "use default gateway" option on the Windows PPTP connection, and then manually add a route using:

route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0

Is there any way within the IOS config to configure this setup?

With the box "use default gateway" ticked I can access the VPN subnet resources but can't resolve DNS. With the box unticked I can resolve DNS but can't access VPN resources (e.g. 192.168.1.150) unless I use the ROUTE ADD command.

Many thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Willsher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.