Cisco 3000 concentrator and PPTP question

Our Microsoft PPTP server doesn't allow simultaneous access to our internal resources and the Internet at the same time. The default route doesn't work. So the workaround is to uncheck "use default gateway on remote network" and manually add routes in Windows to allow split tunneling.

I made it work without having to do that on a Cisco IOS router with PPTP. Everything is sent through the tunnel, then a NAT configuration on that same router allows them back out to the Internet. The Internet sees them as the IP from the router.

Now I have a Cisco 3020 concentrator and want to simulate the same thing. I have PPTP (and the regular Cisco VPN client) working, but PPTP allows access only internal resources. The client routes don't allow it to get back to the Internet, either via the Cisco 3000 Concentrator or through our regular default route on my company's network. (The Cisco VPN client does split tunneling just fine with the routes I specified in the concentrator.) Is there a way, other than a batch file on a Windows PC, of getting PPTP users to access the Internet via redirection or split tunneling using the Cisco 3000's configuration?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.