Cisco VPN issues

I'm actually not sure if this is a Cisco VPN issue, a D-Link issue, or a Dell issue. But I thought I'd start here.

We installed a Cisco VPN at work (I don't know the model number of the Cisco hardware, but can find out if those details are important), and we were handed the VPN client software to run (4.6.02.0011). Everything seemed to be going good for the first few months. But in the last month or so, I can log in to the VPN software with my personal desktop (XP Pro SP2) and company laptop (Server 2003 SP1) when sitting at home, but only the desktop can access any network resources. The laptop seems to be configured identically (by doing an IPCONFIG/ALL), but for whatever reason, it can't see any network resources. This wasn't the case previously, but our network admin guy doesn't think anything has changed. Lately, to get into the network from home, I've been remoting into my desktop, then getting into the network from there. But that wears thin pretty quick, and I can't run/test the web services on my laptop properly that way, as I'm trying to debug some ActiveDirectory security issues in an application.

FWIW, another user in our network has similar issues, and has a similar router in place (D-Link 624/614 routers). Both of us also have Dell laptops, so it could be a driver conflict, I guess. But it's weird, because I don't think anything has changed on my laptop or router.

Any hints on where to start troubleshooting would be appreciated. I realize there's a lot of unknowns, but I don't even know what to look for. And our IT guy hasn't had time/hasn't been able to diagnose the problem.

Clint

Reply to
Clint
Loading thread data ...

Just a quick update on this, my laptop was having an error logged about unable to "AddRoute". By going back to my desktop unit, I was able to find the route that needed to be added, and manually run the "route add" statement. After doing that, my VPN connection seemed to be running fine. SourceSafe, Remote Desktop, network resources, etc.

I just wanted to update this thread, in case anyone else runs into a similar problem. I HATE seeing un-resolved threads with my exact problem, but no solution! BTW, if anyone knows where the "AddRoute" stuff is done in the Cisco client, and why it would fail, I'd appreciate the input.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.