Backup Catalyst 3000

Hello, Q. How to backup the software (bootfile-ios-etc) to my computer from a catalyst 3000, I now its old but to learn (Im just17) its good to my. I want to backup by couse if somethink gets wrong. You now.

Plz help me

Reply to
ron
Loading thread data ...

I've used tftp.

r>Hello,

Reply to
gene martinez

Plz. tell me how to do that.

Reply to
ron

Reply to
gene martinez

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:14:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net (gene martinez) wrote: Plz do..

Thanks a lot

Reply to
ron

Do a search on TFTP and download a tftp server.. You will need to hard code an ip address on your pc and give the switch an ip address also. When you connect your pc to a switch port you should be able to ping the switch from the pc. Also you should be able to access the switch from the console port and set the ip. Also once connected you should be able to access the main menu then select download and then tftp...

Do a searc on tftp cisco image 3000 switch or something along those lines and you'll find all the info (and more) that you need..

Hope this is of some HELP

r>>Plz do..

Reply to
gene martinez

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:05:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net (gene martinez)

Thanks for being so helpfull Gene, it works great!!!

wrote:

Reply to
ron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.