Catalyst 1900

I just purchased a catalyst 1900 off ebay to get some command line experience with a switch. Well, the switch is menu driven. How can I make it command line driven. If I install a new IOS version "cat1900en.9.00.07.bin" will this make the switch command line driven?

Reply to
Howard Huntley
Loading thread data ...

I believe there is an option on the menu to go to command line. If I remember correctly it is K on my switch with enterprise version.

Reply to
datakazam

Hi Howard,

You need the "enterprise" version of the S/W for command-line operation. If the menu does not have an option to go to the command-line, then you do not have the "enterprise" version.

Cheers........................pk.

Reply to
Peter

Reply to
Howard Huntley

Hello All

I have an older style 1900 that only goes up to v5.37, well unfortunately I found that out a little too late. I now have a switch without any firmware so am going nowhere fast.

I understand even with a smartnet that the firmware is no longer available (correct if wrong) and as this switch will never go into production, does any knd person possibly have a v5.37 bin they could send me please.

I do understand that this might not be the right way to go about getting the firmware but Cisco don't seem too helpful (EOL product) and it is only to learn with.

Any help or flames appreciated

BR

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Ed skrev:

The old Cat1900 software seems to be available for download still...

Requires login :

formatting link

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

Thanks for the reply, however my cco login obviously hasn't had enough money thrown at it , so no luck there. I have tried getting a smartnet contract but as I keep getting different answers I guess this is a wild goose chase.

Thanks again

Ed

SAto wrote:

Reply to
Ed

Hi Ed,

Cisco Catalyst 1900 Documentation:

formatting link
Cisco SMARTnet Pricing has been changed:

formatting link
You may also wish to investigate Cisco Catalyst 1900 Software Relicensing:

formatting link
As well as Email - Bobby Thekkekandam, Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer:

bthekkek at cisco.com

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.