Catalyst 2950 Without IOS...!!!! Can you Help me? please?

I have a catalyst without IOS....

how changing to the speed of the console port from way ROM mode?

Reply to
Juan Carlos
Loading thread data ...

You can't change anything in ROM mode, you need to get it to boot by doing a show boot, or show flash, or show bootflash (depending on rommon level), and issuing a boot command. I would then set a permanent boot image via the boot system flash bootflash:imagename command in configuration mode. Then you will be able to mess with ports and other configurations, but I would definitely reset it a few times to make sure it is booting right every time to minimize future issues.

Reply to
Trendkill

type 'confreg', and select that you want to change the config when asked. One of the questions will be console speed. At least its that case with 2600s and 3600s:

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Juan,

If you have speed mismatch between Catalyst switch and PC, usually it's easier to change the speed at PC to match Console Port speed.

Also, if you need to recover an IOS image (for example, if it's missing or corrupted), here is a procedure (sure, you have to have a appropriate IOS software prior to this):

formatting link
Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.