How to configure

Hello,

First, sorry for my poor English : I'm french ;)

In my company we have a Cisco 3600 connected on a first internet connection (width band). So all our computers use this connection when going on the internet.

And we have a second internet connection (not used for the moment).

So I would like to configure my Cisco to use this second connection if the first connection was unavailable .... and I don't know how to do.

Thank very much for your help.

Joe

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

Joe wrotes :

Sorry ... the title was incomplete.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe wrotes :

Sorry ... the title was incomplete.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Uzytkownik "Joe" napisal w wiadomosci news:440c416b$0$16333$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

Hello,

Two suggestions: 1.) "floating route" - the easiest way, 2.) HSRP. All information about point 1.) & 2.) you can find at

formatting link
Best regards

MaciejKa

Reply to
MK

MK wrotes :

Hello,

Thank you for your answer ... but I think it will not be possible with my Cisco 3600 because it has only one Ethernet port ... and we already use it. So I think we need to buy another router.

But I'll remember your suggestions.

Have a nice day.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Is it a 3620 or 3640? Are all network module slots used? Can you add another Ethernet port to it?

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

HSRP is not an option, he only has one gateway.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

U¿ytkownik "Jonathan" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com...

Hi,

I am sorry, I missundertood the scheme described by Joe. Of course, point

1.) will be "the best" and "the simplest".

MaciejKa

Reply to
MK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.