Cisco ASA 5505 - please help

Hallo all!

I'm planning big reconstruction on out office network. Regarding our plan I have few questions and please, if you can help, please do! Thank you in advance!

Now we have HP Proliant ML350 server (we are using it mainly as file and print server), 24 switch HP Procurve 2524, 20 pcs Windows XP desktop PC and notebooks and 3 Linksys AP. Our internet connection is shared 5/5 Mbps link with most closed ports except for web, e-mail and other only basic usage. We have static IP address.

Our plan is to allow our employees to connect to server through VPN, start Exchange e-mail server with OutlookWebAccess. To do this we plan to get another slower internet connection 1/1 but with all open ports with static IP and to buy firewall, probably Cisco ASA 5505. I must keep my 5/5Mbps connection because contract agreement so my only option is to get another all-port-open connection for exchange, VPN, OWA...

Picture shows future network plan, lousy drawn.

formatting link

My questions are:

On ASA 5505 is it possible to configure that some internet traffic go through first internet provider 5/5 (web, etc...) and other traffic through second internet provider 1/1 (e-mail, VPN, OWA...)? And maybe if 5/5 fails that 1/1 takes over all traffic. Some sort load balancing/ failover/specific type traffic all-in-one.

If my only server is fileserver, printserver and exchange server should I put it in DMZ VLAN or INSIDE VLAN on ASA 5505?

Should I connect network printers and access points to Inside VLAN on ASA or to my switch? What is better?

Does anyone know link to download FULL USER GUIDE for ASA 5505? I can't found it, only GETTING STARTED GUIDE...

I am reading Cisco ASA 5505 Getting started guide and cannon find answers to my questions. I have no experience in using appliance firewalls so my question may sound stupid... And sorry about my English...

Best regards Davor

Reply to
davor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.