how to configure SDSL modem as bridge

Hi everybody,

I've got a cisco 828 with a static IP assigned to it.

At the moment the router does NAT to a firewall device, which adds another layer of NATing to our local clients.

We've also got a /28 of routable IPs which we want to use. We can use them fine if we connect the hosts directly to the router, but we want them to pass the firewall first. Unfortunately, the firewall can't act as a bridge.

So we need our firewall to take the static WAN ip of our Cisco router, ie. pass the static IP one hop further into the network. We can't really figure out how to configure this.

So what we have now is:

ATM Interface Cisco (213.x.x.x) - Eth0 192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.2 Firewall - 192.168.0.x Nat

And what we want is

ATM Interface Cisco - Eth0 Cisco bridged -> 213.x.x.x Firewall - network + dmz

From our ISP we got the following configuration for the ATM interfaces: ----------------

interface ATM0 no ip address atm vc-per-vp 64 no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO ! interface ATM0.1 point-to-point ip address 213.x.x.x 255.255.255.252 ip nat outside pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5snap ! !

----------------

I've found the following on bridging:

---------------- No ip routing ! interface Ethernet0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast bridge-group 1 ! interface ATM0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5snap! Bridge-group 1 ! ip classless ! bridge 1 protocl ieee ! end

----------------

I can't seem to put the two together so that I can configure a client connected to Ethernet0 to get the address 213.x.x.x which is currently assigned to ATM0.1.

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!! Lode

Reply to
Lode
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.