DNS Record in CISCO Router

I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router. I am using Router as internet server with DNS. If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites locally.

Reply to
Ts8060
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Could you be more specific? You need to let internet users access your web-servers. Am I correct?

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

Sorry. I am not so good in English. in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router. If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see some web pages in locally. Is that possible.

Such As :

formatting link
-> A: 202.5.199.3

Reply to
Ts8060

Hi,

Adding a host record the way it is done on Microsoft DNS servers is not possible on Cisco routers. You can configure a Cisco router for DNS lookups, adding specific name servers. You can't add host records the way you describe. If internet access is restricted on your network, you could add an ACL with the clients you want to access the website or the websites, so they will be the only ones with access to that websites.

PS. Don't worry about your English. It's not my native language either.. ;)

Reply to
geoar75

See:

Configuring DNS

formatting link
... "A Cisco IOS router can provide service to DNS clients, acting as both a caching name server and as an authoritative name server for its own local host table." ...

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

formatting link

Hello, Why not installed DNS server inside your network?

Thanks M

Reply to
MK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.