Sample config of Bonded T1

Hi, We need more bandwidth for the internet connection(Dedicated internet connection), so our ISP (Qwest) is setting us up with a second T1 line, which will be "bonded" with the original T1. We will be using the same existing addresses for simplicity. However, I have never done this before and can anyone show me the sample how to configure a bonded T1 on a 3600 Cisco router. Thanks...

Reply to
mimiseh
Loading thread data ...

You can do it a couple of ways. It would be best to ask Qwest how they are going to do so you can match, and I'd bet they'd be able to give you the correct config at the same time.

If you want to research, you can do MPPP, or CEF load balancing. Or even MLFR.

All of them are quite popular in the ISP environment for doing that.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Multipoint PPP is where the PPP over a single T-1 line becomes PPP spread over multiple T-1 lines. Make sure that your T-1 controller or WIC supports this.

controller T1 0/0/0 framing esf linecode b8zs channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 ! controller T1 0/0/1 framing esf linecode b8zs channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 ! interface Multilink1 ip address 11.12.13.14 255.255.255.252 no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink fragment disable ppp multilink group 1 ! interface Serial0/0/0:0 description *** circuit ID W0KXXXX *** bandwidth 1544 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1 ! interface Serial0/0/1:0 description *** circuit ID W0KXXXX *** bandwidth 1544 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1

Reply to
Scott Perry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.