Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Csico DHCP static mapping
Hello, I have cisco router running as DHCP server (12.2.(46)). It leases IP addresses dynamically with no problem. However, when I try to configure static binding , it does not work! I tried both...

What SIP phones should I buy?
I am very familiar with the Sipura/Linksys line of ATAs and some of the phones. My problem is that I am offering to replace traditional PBXs with an Asterisk-based PBX. Many of those customers are...

Cisco VPN 5.0.00.0340
I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this before. I have to install this for work. After running the install program, a dialog pops up indicating that I need to reboot to complete the installation....

Unexpected DOH error
Hello, I've been wracking my head over this one all day and can't seem to resolve the issue. My Cisco Unity server was working about a week or 2 ago. I am not sure if anything was changed on the...

Creating a NAT with Cisco Router (827) and a sw phone
Hello, I have a 827 Cisco Router; It has 3 ports on the back; one for Ethernet, one for console, and an ADSL port. I have a PC with a software SIP phone. My environment is a LAN which is connected to...

Interview questions for Cisco unified communications director of engineering
Will be interviewing Joe Burton, director of engineering for Cisco unified communications this week for Network World Magazine. Looking for questions that readers would be interested in knowing the...

QoS prior to IPSEC
I have multiple 1811W routers in the field. All of these connect to ATT managed T1 routers(1841 at all offices). I have my interface to the 1841 on FA1, the interface gets a full public IP. I have the...

Portchannel Link resets often at 5:00am
Hi, I have an Orion Network Performance Monitor server send me alerts for whenever key links or infrastructure devices go down. For the past couple of months now i have been getting this message:...

ipv6ip tunnel keepalive
No, it won't because the protocol doesn't support them. Just send ICMPv6 packets to the machine at the other end. That is what SixXS (see "") use to monitor the remote ends of the tunnels they...

Access-List question
Hi guys, Could any one give me advice on the following: I have a range of addresses 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1. 254 Is there a way i can block a ip addresses from the middle of this range? For instance...

Catalyst 2820
I have (2) 24 port catalyst 2820 Switches from Cisco. Which works fine but no clue how to log into the system.I have looked for wiring for it and only found for 1900 series. So, if anyone knows how to...

Cisco ASA Syslog Messages
We recently purchased a piece of software that is going to inspect our syslog log files and alert us based on specific queries. The software however was not written to read Cisco syslog specifically...

Layer 2 routing/Conversation topic
Just curios is there such a thing of layer 2 routing?

VPN on Cable modem?
Hello, I have a general question here. I currently have a small business, and would like to set up VPN on my network so as to be able to connect remotely. Currently, I use comcast as my ISP, and...

Cisco 2811 and digital modem module for RAS access?
I'm looking at building an outbound modem server on a 2811 router with this module: have only one question. Can anyone with experience with this product tell me what kind of modem chipset this Cisco...