Portchannel Link resets often at 5:00am

Hi,

I have an Orion Network Performance Monitor server send me alerts for whenever key links or infrastructure devices go down. For the past couple of months now i have been getting this message:

Alert: Interface Port-channel4 =B7 etherchannel to CWI4507-12-01 on CWICORE is Down. Alert: GigabitEthernet3/4 =B7 Ethchan Group 4 Pair 1 Trunk CWI4507-12-01 on CWICORE is Down Alert: GigabitEthernet4/4 =B7 Ethchan Group 4 Pair 2 Trunk CWI4507-12-01 on CWICORE is Down

It doesn't happen every day, sometime 5 days straight and then it will disappear for a week then it comes back again. It seems to only happen between 5:00 and 5:20 am and it resets within a minute or so. What could be causing this? The switch isnt going down so i dont think it is a power issue. Its just a 2 pair Gigabit PortChannel link from my core switch (4507) to my closet switch (4507).

If anyone has seen this before or could point me to a resolution that would be great. It isnt affecting network connectivity but it is a nuisance to see this alert constantly.

Thank you.

Reply to
jason.polce
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
fugettaboutit

Is logging buffered configured on the closet 4507 ?

What error messages are logged on the closet 4507 ?

Post "show version" for both switches.

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.