Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco 857 config question.
I currently use an 837. In addition to the dialer config, I have acl's, port forwarding etc. I've read that the 857 and 877 are 'fixed-configuration routers.' I'd like to upgrade to one but need to be...

Cisco 877 - Stealth Port Scan
Hi, My router has had constant hacking attempts so I have spent all night trying to get all of my ports returning stealth when I run a port scan but I haven't had much luck. I have found a way to do...

SIP incoming calls in CCM
Hello, I've configure a Cisco Call Manager to send outgoing calls to a a SIP trunk (configured an outgoing dial-peer). I'm trying to receive calls from the same SIP trunk, but I got 530 (internal...

X2931 module in 2924XL switch
Have two 2924XL switches each with two X2931 GigabitEtheernet modules and I fibre connection GigabitEthernet1/1 to same on other switch and ditto for 2/1. The lights are green on all but 2/1 on second...

Wireless Access and VLANs
Guys We have an issue with our wireless network I'd like to try and discuss and learn a bit more about please. Our staff are allowed wireless access to the network via MAC authentication onto VLAN 1...

Need help with Cisco 3800 + Cisco ASA 5540 configuration
Hello gurus, I need some help with a new project. I've never used Cisco ASA before, and I don't know how to set this up. I have Cisco 3800, with interface gigabitethernet 0/0 configured with private...

Need help controlling access between vlans
The new IT manager wants to bring in a third party to check our Cisco network for problems. I want to do whatever I can to get a get a good report. I have students and teacher on the same vlans and I...

Replacement for Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge
There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge? I was thinking...

Latest IOS versions
Could someone point me to a URL, that shows the latest IOS for 2924 switch and 2621 router? TIA Tom

Updating 2900 switch
What does following message mean, which was at the end of the update? C2900XL INIT: Complete 00:00:42: %SYS-5-CONFIG: Configured from NVRAM by console 00:00:42: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --...

Pix 506e
Hello, I have a PIX 506e and its all set and running but I am having an issue with outside trying to come in when using, I am recieving email fine just not able to access that link from the outside...

Need help with DHCP
Hi, I'm having problem adding DHCP service to my existing network. My laptop is getting priviate IP assigned when plugged into FastEthernet4/0/0, and I can ping them within network from my public...

Cisco 1231 wirless & visitor containment
One of my biz colleages has a Cisco 1231 wireless AP that they currently use for the computers in the office. They would like to have a separate network configured that would allow them to grant...

Vlan hopping
Hi All, Does anyone know of Vlan Hopping? Can anyone explain how it works?

OSPF Problem
Hi, I have two routers (Cisco 877 and Cisco 2610XM), both are connected via Ethernet to a Cisco 2950T switch. The configuration is as follows: Cisco 877 = R0 int vlan 1 ip address 192.168.0.1...