please help me with my toshiba laptop

Hi, I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite M205-S3217 laptop and i do have a Lantech Wireless Router with me. the wireless adapter is Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Adapter Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system in the Laptop when i try to connect it to the router it shows that Network Connections are Available but when i connect it does not connect and it says try re-connecting again. i tried several times but it did not connects. i have a PDA with me which has a wireless Lan as well and it connects easily to my Router and even to Laptop through Adhoc Connection. but the Laptop does not connects to Router? i have tried to keep a WEP Key security as well but it shows the same problem. i am completely blank of what to do as we do not have any support center here in Nepal. please do kindly help me with it. i would be highly obliged. my direct email is kooldude snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com will await for your kind help Ritesh

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
sangrilla
Loading thread data ...

Turn OFF the (windows) firewall, and if you are using a 3rd party virus protestor, some also have a firewall in them... That's usually the IP that is assigned when it doesn't work.... and make sure you are not using mac address filtering.....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.