No Conection Available Pop Up Annoying!

Ok - have the WiFi card to turn off when connected with wire to network, and YET the Pop Up that No Network is around Keeps coming up! I have yet to see where to turn that off!

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Chull
Loading thread data ...

If you want help, you need to state what you are using. Then if someone has that equipment, they will tell you what to do.

Reply to
Curly Bill

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:04:35 GMT, "Chull" wrote in :

Network switching utility. See wikis below.

Reply to
John Navas

Since you used OE to send your message, I'll assume Windows, but I don't know which version. In WinXP, go to Control Panel, Network Connections, select the wireless connection, right click, select Properties. Near the bottom of the General tab, uncheck "Notify me ...". Other versions of Windows are similar.

ken

Reply to
ken

Thank you all for your replies! It is WinXP. The message is that There are no available neworks. I did turn off the 'Notify when the netowrk is no longer avaiable' hopeing that was it - but it is not. That one must be just when a network I'm connected to is no longer available as oppesed there being none available...?

Reply to
Chull

After doing some online research (I don't have a computer running XP that connects wirelessly so I couldn't do any testing) I found this page

-

formatting link
. The first tip removes all balloon popups and seems a bit drastic. It looks like No.9 might do what you want.

Good luck, ken

Reply to
ken

Ken Thanks! I have Been Looking High and Low and found nothing. (I'm the one at work and home who can find info on the net after others have tired and came up blank - You though find the wonders!! Thanks again for your time!)

Reply to
Chull

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.