Sony connect website causes Netgear wgr614v3 to crash

The newly updated Sony connect website causes my Netgear wgr614v3 router to crash. The router is upto date with all firmware patches. The MTU is the default of 1500.

Not sure what can be done to fix the issue. Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
roshan.shankar
Loading thread data ...

1. Flush the browser cache on your web browser and try again.
  2. Try a different browser (Firefox, Slimbrowser, Opera, etc).
  3. Verify that it's the site and router, and not the computah by trying it with a different computer.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I just tried it, which I presume is:

formatting link
IE6, Firefox 1.5.0.6, Slimbrowser 4.07, and Opera 9.01. All work just fine on XP.

So, how do you know that the router is hung and not the computah or browser?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Tried that. It does not work. I am on IE7 with registry spoof to make Connect "believe" that I am on IE6. Connect only works with IE6.

Sonicstage only works with IE6 i.e. I can only download using IE6. I did try going to

formatting link
with Firefox and experienced the network issues

I am pretty sure it is the site and router. When I go to the site on my desktop that uses wireless it affects other computers that are connected to the router - both wired and wireless connects. I have to unplug and re-plug the router to get it to work.

Thanks

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Reply to
roshan.shankar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.