Phone rings - Wireless network pop-up?

I am using a wireless router and wireless usb adapters. Each time my phone rings, I get a pop-up on one of the pc's that says basically "wireless connection 2 is now connected". I have to close the pop-up each time. I'm not using cable telephone, it's a dial phone with Verizon. any ideas?

Reply to
Toomanyputters
Loading thread data ...

A couple of possibilities, plus or minus all the information you didn't give us:

1) Not all of your phones have DSL filters on them, and when the phone rings it knocks the DSL line off, or resets your DSL-WiFi Router. 2) Your cordless 2.4GHz phone base station's "ring" signal to it's handset(s) is interfering with your WiFi, and knocking your computer off-line, though it immediately reconnects.
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I'll buy the second on on the 2.4ghz phone. I don't have DSL.

Reply to
Toomanyputters

[snip]

Change WiFi broadcast channel on the router.

Reply to
__spc__

or better yet, buy a 900mhz or 5.8ghz wireless phone. WiFi and 2.4GHz wireless phones uses the same general frequency range.

Reply to
kevincw01

Had a friend with a D-Link b card. Everytime the phone rang the card would sign off its wireless connection ( or so I was told). Problem was that the wife was deaf so caused no end of the confusion. The problem was solved with a simple card swap to another brand.

kev> or better yet, buy a 900mhz or 5.8ghz wireless phone. WiFi and 2.4GHz

Reply to
frankdowling1

Some 5.8 gHz phones uses 2.4 gHz for one direction. So make sure you research before buying one.

Reply to
danr_18

interesting...good to know.

Reply to
kevincw01

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.