Annoying pop-ups with Norton Internet security

Just installed Norton internet security 2005 and password program. 6-hour marathon with approx 11 reboots. It works fine but I can't find a way to turn off the annoying pop-up boxes that appear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen giving me superfluous information like "Password has just filled a form" (I know it's just filled in a form - I can see it in the middle of the screen)

How can I turn off these annoying pop-ups?

George

Reply to
George
Loading thread data ...

Jeez, after 6 hours why didn't you just give up and figured that NIS is just not worth the money and effort. Learn how to use your computer safely and use a simple firewall like XP SP2 built-in or a hardware NAT router. No pop-ups, no strange warnings, no useless intrusions detections, no severe performance penalties. All the security that you really need, that you can get and that actually properly works without zillions of configuration options, many of them interdepend in some way or another.

Why do you need NIS? What do you really want? What do you expect from your security software?

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Why do you assume that everyone knows less than you just because they ask a question?

I've programmed in 5 computer languages over the years including assembly language. Sometimes, however, it's faster to ask a question on a newsgroup rather than spend hours checking the options of a new program by myself. If you don't know the answer to the question, why reply?

George

Reply to
George

Well, then I even wonder more why you need NIS? If you know so much then you can easily survive in the internet without a PFW. XP SP2 firewall will give you all the protection you really can get. Anything beyond that is only working occasionally and in particular not with the real good malware, slows down your systems and even makes it vulnerable for additional attacks.

Well, you did not answer my questions, but wouldn't you go for something better if you could get something better without all the useless whistles?

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

You might try posting your question in the symantec.* newsgroups.

Reply to
Sskb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.