IR543 and Macros

I have a CM11a computer module with a couple macros set up in it. I also have the Transceiver Module (RR501) and an IR543. I have to have the IR543, so my Universal IR Remote can control my X10. When I send lights on/off/dim signals via the IR543, everything works fine. However, when I send a macro (using 5 off in my case), nothing happens with the IR543. Through the RR501, it works fine.

Any ideas why this might not work. The IR543 should just send the same type of signal as a light for the macro, right?

BTW, I have several light and appliance modules as well.

Thanks.

Reply to
craigdt-online
Loading thread data ...

I think I now have some ideas what is going on. It appears to be a phase issue. When the oven/dryer is on, everything works all the time. However, what is weird is that that the CM11a controls EVERYTHING without an issue. Yet with the IR543, it doesn't seem to be able to get the signal to the CM11a. If I turn the oven/dryer on, it works. It is kind of peculiar, but it seems like I need a coupler. Any suggestions on the best/easiest ones to use.

Thanks.

Reply to
craigdt-online

Easiest would be a 220V plug-in coupler. Since it works with the dryer on, you could probably get by, /at least for those particular locations/, with a passive coupler:

formatting link
4-pin, or
formatting link
3-pin The 4-pin coupler has worked well for me for several years.

If you have a larger home, and/or you plan to expand in the future, you could go with a considerably more expensive active coupler/repeater:

formatting link
4-pin
formatting link
3-pin

Reply to
Just Another Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.