how does i use wireless router with usb adsl modem on broadband onternet

Hi,

I have a bulldog broadband connection via a speedtouch 330 usb adsl modem. This connects to my computer via its usb port. I have recentl bought a multifunction wireless router ( innocom wl 540- supports PPPoE) . Now I cannot figure out how I cann connect my adsl modem (with only usb cable for PC) to the router .Is it possible to use the usb adsl modem with a wireless router with RJ45 ports?? All help appreciated.

Abhay

Reply to
abhaychopada
Loading thread data ...

If your router (I am not familiar with that one) supports PPPoE that it surely includes ADSL modem, in which case you connect that directly to your phone line, set up the account details and password, then connect your computer initially via ethernet patch cable to set up the wireless connection. If it really is just a router / wifi access point then you would need a plain ethernet modem to connect to the phone line e.g. D-Link T300. Either way your USB DSL modem is no use with the router. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Hi,

I second on Martin's replay!

Your IT-WL540 Residential Gateway is a broadband gateway combining Ethernet network and wireless access point only, No built-in ADSL modems.

In short: you need to get an other ADSL Mdeom ( with Ethernet interface) to connect it this gateway.

formatting link

Panda,

formatting link

Mart> If your router (I am not familiar with that one) supports PPPoE that it

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.