DLINK DWL-AG700AP problem

Hi, Has anyone experienced problems with DLINK DWL-AG700AP Access Point ? I can browse the internet but not intranet PCs. All my configurations seems to be ok (I posted on other forums before this) but nobody can give me a solution! I'll be glad to explain the problem in details (i.e. expalin exactly my configuration) if someone will try to help me.

Thanks.

Reply to
nda
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

You'll need to be a lot more specific if you want meaningful help.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi John,

Yes, of course, you need more hints. Can you please refer to this link for more specific details

formatting link
(if broken)
formatting link
post Thread: internet ok no lan

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
nda
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

wi-fi usb dongle too (DLINK AirPlus DWL-G112).

What's the switch hooked to.

network 192.168.0.X) mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 0.0.0.0 dns 0.0.0.0

Are you getting DHCP from a router on all computers?

Don't do this -- waste of time, will only cause grief.

OK.

and browsing the web (laptop and pc have gateway and dns settings as other pc on wired network) .

Everything manual on all computers?!

name) by the wi-fi interface.

and so on) but I had no result.

Sounds like the AP isn't working as a bridge, which is what you need.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi John,

It's a star network (quite simple, I think): These are the devices connected to the switch: .) 3 PCs (W2K) .) 1 CISCO SOHO 97 (gateway) .) 1 AP (the source of my problems !!!)

2 other PCs are are wifi connected to the AP.

No, I'm not using DHCP neither for wifi no for wired lan . All IPs are static ones. I tried this too, i.e. enabling the AP DHCP feature, but with no result.

I tried to disable MAC fitering , but nothing changed.

What do you mean with manual ? Wifi connection is automatic (i.e. laptop and usb dongle find the wifi and automatically connect without problems), gateway and dns setting are static (i.e. non DHCP)

Yes, I think too. I suspect the AP model isn't the right one. Can yo take a look at D-LINK specs ?

Thanks

Reply to
nda

Solved !

The matter was with a ethernet interface created by WMWare : It has same IP class as lan. When pathpinging I saw the route was to 192.168.0.2 (the WMWare eth IP) . I disabled It and now everything works fine !!!!

Thanks to everyone for help .

Reply to
nda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.