dlink 624 - dlink 800ap

Hi to everybody

I am trying to connect two computer using the above products. The first one is connected to the 624 and the second to the 800Ap (as access point)

I can configure (using the cable) the two wireless products, but I am not able to connect them via wireless

If I connect via cable the 800AP to the 624 No problem, but if I try solo wireless, I am not able to connect the two computers.

schema

Linux Box --(cable)--> DI624 -----(wireless) ---- 800AP --(cable)-->PC

no working at all I've tried with DHCP on, DHCP off, WEP on/off ...

Any hint ?

Thanks a lot Bilo

Reply to
bilo
Loading thread data ...

The 800AP isn't a client, it's either an AP or a repeater, except that it doesn't work as a repeater...

You need a client (card, adapter, USB dongle) for your computer.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

an access point is meant to be wired to your router for extended coverage area of your network. If your AP can be set to repeater mode, for extended range, or client mode, for using as a wirless adapter, then you should beable to connect wirelessly. Check with the D-Link web site to see if your hardware supports either or both of those modes.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

"Robert Jacobs" wrote in news:isMJd.1376$2i4.411@trnddc01:

This is the description on the Dlink site

---------------- The DWL-800AP+ can be configured to perform as a wireless access point or as a repeater to another wireless access

----------------

Does it mean that I cannot use the kind of connection I need? I have to change the 800Ap with another product?

Thanks a lot Bilo

Reply to
bilo

William P.N. Smith wrote in news:puffv0d5cd50gd44bdqfi9f1fqqagp9efc@

4ax.com:

thank, thank you very much for your help ....

Bilo

Reply to
bilo

That shows that you can not use it as a client....

You will have to buy a USB adapter PCI adapter or a pcmcia card adapter to use as your client connection.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

"Robert Jacobs" wrote in news:7FVJd.197$Eh5.0@trnddc04:

Thank you.

I bought the wrong thing. What I needed was the 810Ap NOT the 800AP

Thanks again for your answer

Bilo

Reply to
bilo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.