DLink DI-624+ => problems accessing NAS on the LAN

Hi *

My Wireless Access point is a Dlink DI-624+ rev A2 I have 3 laptops (WinXP) connected using DWL-G650+ NIC's. Directly wired to the DI-624+, there is a Linksys EFG120 NAS.

I recently upgraded the DI-624+ firmware to 1.19b09. Since then I have problems accessing files on the NAS. The laptop hangs and has to wait for a timeout. After that, I get a "the specified network name is no longer available" message and I have to refresh explorer to get the network drive back.

I already replaced the cable between the DI-624+ and the EFG120. Didn't help. When I connect the Laptop directly to the NAS (using a cross cable), there's no problem.

Upgraded to firmware 1.21. (Found on the Swedish support site)... didn't help. Performed a full reset... didn't help.

Is there a possible explanation? Can I go back to an older firmware? I can't find these on the internet.

Thank you, J.

Reply to
MetroFix
Loading thread data ...

Have you looked here ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/di_broadband_gateways/

By the way, some routers,APs, have an option to save an image of your firmware on your harddrive. Good to do this for reason like this...........

Reply to
Airhead

Hi,

The ftp site to which you refer is very relevant, but it only offers a very recent 1.19 firmware (which seemed to have caused my troubles in the first place). On the Swedish dlink ftp site, it's even possible to pick up the 1.21 version.

I'm actually more interested in the original 1.01 version of the firmware.

Thx anyway, J.

Reply to
MetroFix

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.