Orinoco RG-1000 & RG-1100

I have a RG-1000 & RG-1100, and am using an external DHCP-server. When I connect both device via cable to the network, both get an IP from the DHCP, and are fully working

However I would like todo the following setup :

DHCP----cable----RG1000....wireless....RG1100....wireless....clients

Meaning no physical cable connected to the RG1100, IP received on RG1100 received thru RG1000 from DHCP.

In the AP-manager on RG1100 the IP-interface set to Wireless on RG1100 the MAC of RG1000 added to AP-authentication on RG1000 the MAC og RG1100 added to AP-authentication on both WEP enabled, same parameters/key

Nevertheless it doesn't seem to work

Is this not possible ? Am I doing something wrong ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

Walter

Reply to
Sitting Bull
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:59:09 +0200, Sitting Bull wrote in :

Try it with all security disabled.

Reply to
John Navas

I tried that, the result is identical : doesn't work

Under the tab "Access Point IP" it(s possible the choose out of the list, for either Ethernet or Wireless.

After having rebooted the RG-1100 it seems the choosen Wireless option isn't retained. Of course to be able to communicate with the RG-1100 I have to connect the cable too.

Reply to
Sitting Bull

Seems to be a though question ? No one could help me out, or knows where I might have more luck in finding the answer ?

Thanks

Reply to
Sitting Bull

Reply to
Sitting Bull

What makes you think goading people will be any more successful than your original questions?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:38:28 +0200, Sitting Bull wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

well sitting bull, here's the long and short about the RG-1xxx Lucent devices. I've used a lot of them with converted Karlnet Software as CPE (client side devices) in WISP situations.

The OEM non coverted RG-1xxx is a residental gateway device,, ie it acts like an ACCESS POINT or ROUTER in it's vigin mode from lucent.

THE LONG ANSWER----------------------------------------

WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT

Set the AP channel (frequency) Set one 5 character ASCII Encryption key (40 bit encryption only)

WHAT YOU CAN'T DO WITH IT

Set the AP Name, Group name, ESS-ID (same as "SSID", or "Service Area") Set the AP bit rate Set a Hex Encryption key allow/disallow clients by MAC address Setup packet filters Set the DTIM Beacon interval to control client power saving. Get any network statistics Run any RG diagnostics Force a modem connect and disconnect Force a DHCP lease release / renew

THE SHORT ANSWER-----------------------------------------

The short of it is,,,, Access points can't take to each other, all they can do is interfer with each other...

If you load the Karlnet Bins in the access points you can turn two of them into a Wireless Bridge, but not in the virgin configuration.

The Karlnet Bins can be purchased from winncom for about $100.00 for each device

formatting link
So,, you have got two access points that won't take to each other, but could talk to a client device IE: wireless card, minipci radio, etc.

Bob Smith Robert Smith Consulting Government-Commerical-Private Wireless Commercial and Amateur Federal Licenses Wireless ISP's a Specialty.

Reply to
Bob Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.