DWL 800AP+ repeater repeating but no internet

I am trying to extend the range of my D-Link router WBR-2310 by using a DWL-800AP+ as a repeater.

The range of the wireless network does get extended, however, when my wireless computer connects through the repeater, there is no access to the internet or even the router. Is it normal that my computer can "see" both devices (router and repeater) when they are both within range as distinct entities with the same SSID? Meanwhile, the router works fine for computers that are directly connected to it either wired or wirelessly.

I suspect there is an incompatibility, but since I have not been able to find any posts describing a similar problem I wanted to ask the experts (D-link tech support was useless and the two times that I was disconnected during the troubleshooting were actually blessings in disguise)

Thanks in advance.

-jason

Reply to
jason
Loading thread data ...

I was wondering if you found anything out if so could you message me because i am having the exact same problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
erandhawa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.