D-link wireless router WBR-1310 limited to no connectivity

Hello, I have a D-link wireless router as stated in the title. I also have comcast high speed internet with windows XP. When the internet is connected straight to the computer it works fine. However I want to hook up the router so I can play xbox live. When I set it up for this however, my computer says it is receiving little to no connectivity from the router. Also if i run the router installer, it says that there is no router hooked up. Then when I try to manually do it with ipconfig/renew and release it says it fails and that it could not connect the DHCP server. When I try to do it with the windows connectivity, it stops at renewing IP address and then it stops and can't connect further.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get to fix this problem thank you, or if it is the router that's the problem, any suggestions on great wireless routers to replace it, under $90.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
koga88
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.