Wireless Connectivity Problem

Your Dlink is on network 10

Your computer is on network 10

Your other box is on 192.168.0

Because they're on different IP networks.

Connect directly to the 192.168.0.y box and set its address to

10.1.1.something or change the addressing scheme of the Dlink to 192.168.0 and then it should all work.

Does the G810 offer dhcp addressing? If not then it won't provide an ip address to your PC and your PC will pick an address 169.254 which will still be on a different network.

Yes but they've all got to be on the same network or be able to route properly and they're not.

Wrong IP addressing.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor
Loading thread data ...

This won't connect since your computer is on the network 10.0.0.0 having received it's ip address etc. from the router.

To configure this bridge device, set the pc (temporarily) to use a static ip address (say) 192.168.0.20 mask 255.255.255.0 to get a connection, then configure the device so that it is also on the

10.0.0.0 network. Then change the pc back to receive its ip address automatically.

Jim.

Reply to
James Egan

Re: Wireless Connectivity Problem

Hi All,

I am having a big problem setting up a wireless connection and something tells me its in settings. But as I am no expert in the least maybe someone could help me. I apologise for any crossposting as I am unsure what would be the perfect group for this. I have contacted D-Link Support but still no answer as yet.

Equipment:

Desktop Computer with Ethernet card in Home Office Momitsu 880N Media Player in Lounge (about 12 metres away)

D-Link Equipment:

D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless ADSL Router D-Link DWL-G810 High-Speed Wireless Bridge

My Equipment page

formatting link

Description of functions:

Via the Momitsu, I should be able to wirelessly view movies, photos, listen to music, etc. from the computer or connect to internet, etc. through the Momitsu back to my computer.

I had this all set-up once, so I know it can work - but due to failing/changing equipment I cannot now get it to work again because of a setting up problem it seems.

I have initially set-up the D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless ADSL Router through the Internet Explorer page using http://10.1.1.1 as stated in the user manual, with IP address set automatically.

After this install and set-up, when now typing in the command prompt "ipconfig/all" - I get the following:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name:......................(Computer name is here) Primary DNS Suffix:.......(Blank)

Reply to
Flash Gordon

Cheers for the quick reply - much appreciated.

FG

Reply to
Flash Gordon

Many thanks for you breakdown reply - very much appreciated

FG

Reply to
Flash Gordon

Hi,

I am posting this for anyone who has a DWL-G810 and finds that it just wont work on their wireless network. It associates ok but you never get traffic or connection through it.

It seems that the device is actually using WDS to talk to your existing network. It does not show up as a client. Some Access Points will automatically allow it on when it successfuly authenticates to the SSID.

However some access points like mine (Senao wifi router) it turns out that it has a separate section for WDS config where you have to specify the MAC address of the device trying to act as a WDS on its network. (the MAC address is under the DWL-G810 unit on the sticker)

Once I did this the device is now fully functional on my network :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
chronos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.