Problems with DI-514 D-Link Router

Hey,

I can connect with my computer (Windows XP) via Ethernet cable very well with the Router and through that to the Internet (Shawcable Canada). But when I try to connect wireless I get maybe at the beginning - if I have luck - a few chunks of data but then it stops. But the connection is there. I can see it under the network connections (wireless). I have an IP address and everthing. Even the router tells me that I am connected. I have no encryption and no authentification used. I tried it with static IP address and DHCP. Nothing works. I even updated the DI-514 firmware.

Can anybody help me what else I can try?

Conny

Reply to
Shaw
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure you are not talking about a DI-524????

Have you called the tech support people at 1.877.453.5465 or by website support

formatting link
They were very helpful with my issues with my 524.

Tech support walked me throught the process step by step.

Reply to
Eugene J. Maes

HI,

yah, it's the 514 Router. I'll try the tech support. Thats a good idea.

Thanks,

Conny

"Eugene J. Maes" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FVpjg.13878$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Conny

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:46:41 GMT, "Shaw" wrote in :

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed. Then check for sources of interference. (See FAQs below.)

Reply to
John Navas

Make sure that the Router and the computer are separated by a couple feet, or a bit more. You could be overloading one of the receivers.

Reply to
mike vore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.