D-Link 524 problems...

Hello All I have a D-Link 524 wireless router (802.11g/2.4Ghz). I connected my Cable modem to this router but I am having some problems. Firstly, I am not able to see my network in the "Available Wireless n/w" list on XP (SP2) . I have two laptops one using Cisco Aeronet card and another using D-Link card. Both are not able to see my wireless n.w. If I keep refreshing, I see my n.w but only for some time. Secondly even when I see the n/w it says Signal Strength Low/Poor.

Another strange thing that I noticed is that the router manual says that the status LED is supposed to be Solid Green In my case it never lights up ( The LED is not bad because when I reset the power,I see the LED lighting up momentarily)

Any ideas?? Or do I need to buy new wireless router>

Thanks

Reply to
ashishdhar6
Loading thread data ...

What version is the firmware? There were lots of problems with an intermediate release. The older release works fine and the latest is supposed to work. I'm still on v1.03.

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.