VoIP through Netgear Router?

I have set up Sipgate using xLite and it works OK - without a router.

Add in my Netgear RP614v2 router and the logon times out. I've set Port Forwarding on all the recommended ports (1000,3478,5004,5060,8000-8012) but it still fails. The RP614 does not allow you to choose which sort of traffic it forwards - Netgear Tech Support claimed that it sends both TCP and UDP for each port. Additionally, Netgear say there is no way to switch off the firewall function. Is that right?

Netgear old me this morning "Netgear do not officially support VoIP on the RP614v2." The agent could not tell me of any other Netgear routers that do support VoIP. Does that make Netgear a No-Go for anyone wanting to run VoIP?

Has anyone managed to get an RP614 working for VoIP? Has anyone managed it with other Netgear models - if so, any suggestions for what else I can try?

The RP614v2 has Firmware version 5.20 _RC3NA.

John Geddes England

Reply to
John Geddes
Loading thread data ...

I have just setup the same sipgate and xlite throught my netgear rp614v2 router, when i forward the ports it wouldn't let me login but when i removed all port forwardings it works, dont ask why cos i have no idea. i do have upnp turned on. hope that helps

Reply to
paul

I have no problems with a Netgear DM602 modem/router and a Grandstream ATA-486 on Sipgate. Never could get X-Lite working but I think it's a soundcard problem.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.