Sipura 3000 via Cisco 831 on Voicepulse VOIP

I just got a Sipura 3000 VOIP adapter. I've connected it behind my Cisco 831 router and am connecting to the Internet via Earthlink to Voicepulse.

I get a constant busy in this configuration. As an experiment, I connected the Sipura 3000 directly to the cablemodem and reobooted both of them (after powering down the cablemodem for more than thirty seconds). The unit worked. So, I put it back to normal and I get a busy signal every time I pull up that line.

I contacted Voicepulse. They told me that my Cisco 831 router was blocking the SIP on port 5060. I've installed both of these:

ip nat inside source static udp 10.10.10.232 5060 interface Ethernet1

5060 ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.232 5060 interface Ethernet1 5060

I rebooted the router (after saving the changes to the startup config). It still doesn't work. I can ping the Sipura from my PC.

Any suggestions?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

On further experimentation, I discovered something a little weird. When I have the Sipura 3000 set with a static IP address, it doesn't work. But when I change it to procure a DHCP address, it does work.

I can't figure this out. That shouldn't make any difference.

I've emailed the manufacturer and I will call the VOIP provider's technical support number when they are open. But if anyone here has any ideas about this, I'd really appreciate hearing it.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.