Is It Possible To Connect AT&T CallVantage Behind A Router?

I'm thinking of subscribing to CallVantage. From what I read, one thing that concerns me is their D-Link telephone adapter looks like it has to be installed between my cable modem and router.

My concern's are:

I have a web server on my network using a dynamic DNS service (DNS2GO). Its local IP is the one entered into my router that "pokes through it (DMZ)." It's used for development, and not really used much to serve pages over the internet, but from my understanding, when I want someone to browse something on my webserver, I'll need to remove the telephone access device each time and plug the router back into the cable modem. Otherwise the router will only know about the local IP being fed to it by telephone adapter.

I sometimes also use a service called RealVNC for remote accessing my network. The same problem will happen here too. NetMeeting the same, although I don't really use that service.

So I need suggestions on what to do, configuring my router (a Linksys) and telephone adapter.

Reply to
Mr. Richmond
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.