Callvantage Behind a Router

I share a DSL line with several users, and am wondering if there's any way i'll be able to use Callvantage behind the router. Or do I have to wait for ATT to upgrade , perhaps the firmware? If there's an upgrade coming, anyone have any idea when?

Thanks.

Reply to
MSA
Loading thread data ...

I have the ATT Callvantage Service using the Linksys RT41P2-AD router with VoIP. I also have a Zoom X5 combination ADSL modem/router. At first I connected the TA after the Zoom router because I did not want to buy another standalone ADSL modem. I could receive calls but I got no feedback on outgoing calls except dial tone. There was no ringing sound or busy sound. I tried calling my landline and cellular phone so the calls were getting through. I got help from Zoom on how to make the X5 a simple modem so I now use the RT41P2-AD as my router. You could place your existing router downstream from the TA on a different subnet.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.