Using VOIP Line for Remote Call Forwarding

I am totaly new to VOIP so please keep that in mind when answering this question.

I would like to be able to use a VOIP service (that has free long distance) to make long distance calls using my cell phone. Therefore, I would like to be able to call my home (voip) number and have it pick up my call and allow me to enter the number I what to call and route my call to that number. Is this possible and what do I need in terms of harware and service to make this happen? Is there some dedicated box that has the firmware to handle this? (I would like to avoid having to purchase a PC, install linux, and install some call management software, if I can...

Thanks for your help

Earl

Reply to
Earl T
Loading thread data ...

Well Linux with Asterisk can do this - DISA is the term you need to research.

Reply to
Brendon

The Sipura SPA-3000 may be able to do what you want.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Hi Earl,

iptalks.net allows you to register your cell phone # ... then use a dial around service ... like a calling card ... and place long distance calls or even international calls ... at very resoanable rates ...

IPTalks.net Launches Special Promotion -- Free International Long Distance Calls From Any Phone

formatting link
when going to
formatting link
wait for the flash to be over or hit the skip button and you will see a place to sign up for a free $5 trial offer.

Eventually NTTL.OB will have other options like "call back"

a person of oneness, Dean Hedges ind inv in NTTL.OB & member of the Baha'i Faith

Reply to
dean hedges

Earl, I came across a device that seems to do what you describe. Since the post is so old, I am also sending to your email addy.

formatting link

Reply to
Pepperoni

The ATT Callvantage Service has that as a standard feature. You set it up on their website. You can register phone numbers so you do not have to dial your VoIP number first. You enter the appropriate numbers and the call goes through. ATT uses a separate Call Management number from the VoIP number which is a virtual number.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.