Re: Calling All Luddites

Heh! You should email Friedman this little piece of info:-) Although he was obviously making a larger point, it's rather amusing his supposed "straw that broke the camel's back" is bogus!

-Dean

>> By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

> I began thinking about this after watching the Japanese use cellphones

>> and laptops to get on the Internet from speeding bullet trains and >> subways deep underground. But the last straw was when I couldn't get >> cellphone service while visiting I.B.M.'s headquarters in Armonk, N.Y. > No matter what you do, you aren't going to get cell service in CHQ > Armonk. The lobby (if you noticed it) has a copper foil ceiling; the > walls are metal and the windows are metalized (and grounded). You're > not going to get a radio signal out of that building (or into it). > I've tried. > I had to set up a demo for the corporate staff that involved satellite > data transmission. We ended up moving the meeting to a different > building on the site that wasn't quite so RF secure.
Reply to
Dean M.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.