Don't click on RLBs post unless you wanna clog your newsreader searching for a million links

Robert, are you going for the Spam Boy of the Month Award or what? This takes forwever to download even on broadband and totally clogs up my newsreader.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

You think he cares?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

too bad we can't forward this to comp.home.automation where they think he is such a choir boy.

Reply to
Chub

The hypocrites in CHA (and they're a relatively small number) will allow you to post anything as long as you've got a history of "helpful and topical responses". They're also the first ones to "jump into" any thread in which I make a response to Robert (even if all it is, is a simple question).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Before clicking on any post you should note the number of lines in the post. That's a holdover from the old days when 300-Baud modems were considered fast.

Several of the major search engines, including Google, spider USENET posts as well as the WWW, looking for links to various websites. These are catalogued and can affect a website's placement within "content match" search results.

For example, suppose someone is looking for "Extreme CCTV". I have ~6,000 pages related to Extreme CCTV on my website. By listing them all periodically, say once a week in several appropriate newsgroups I let Google know that there is a lot of information on my site matching the search term, "Extreme CCTV".

Take this one step further. I list something on the order of

2,000 CCTV camera models on my website. If someone searches for CCTV cameras, I stand a better chance of being among the early content match responses than someone who doesn't make occasional PR posts. This is a process. It's nowhere near done yet. It can take six months or more for the content matching to take affect.

The other side of this is that a few members of the IB questioned the veracity of my earlier post wherein I mentioned the scope of my website. I thought they might like to read a few of the pages. :^)

formatting link
is indeed one of the largest DIY websites in the security industry. The site design involves both brief and detailed pages for each product, plus category type, category and sub-category pages for various product groups.

I'm planning to add over 30,000 new products this year. By this time next year there should be somewhere between 120,000 and

150,000 pages in each of my websites.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert, I know all about SEO, I webmaster several webs.

No I didn't notice at first that you posted a 3413KB msg or I would not have clicked on it, but once it started I was locked up for a long time.

sheesh, man.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

See Doug L's reply

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oops. Sorry about that. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No on "questions" the scope of your bullshit. It's just not appreciated (or even appropriate) in this Group. Go peddle your Bass in CHA.

Reply to
Frank Olson

This has got to be THE most classic case of not being able to see the forest for the trees. Man, you reek of desperation.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

You mean he's running out of good American rubbers??? Maybe we should send him a "care package". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

A box of Tampax would be more apt. js

Reply to
alarman

Why not. The postage would be as miniscule as the contents.

However what would better convey the appropriate sentiments ........

Is there such a thing as a

"I DON'Tcare package? "

Reply to
Jim

Are you kidding?? His ego would prompt him to ask for "extra large". To ensure a "good seal", he'd apply a little clear RTV around the base and hold it in place with a zap-strap. :-)

Nawww... He would make a lasting impression with the local constabulary (the next time he has to "trade favours") if you poke a few holes in the ends first. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Nah, I am sure, after learning here in recent posts, that there is something called "monkey shit". I am sure he can find plenty where he is at. He will figure that is cheaper than RTV.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You haven't changed any since you got busted by the FAA, have you?

Reply to
Steve Foley

I've never even been questioned by the FAA, much less "busted".

Have you stopped beating your wife? When was the last time you molested your neighbor's cat?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

How about the Department of Business and Professional Regulations? I am

**supposedly** filtered by RLB, so I don't expect (or even want) an answer. I have already seen the docs. :>) I'll bet that between his BBB report, the DBPR report, his past felony conviction(s), his driving record and the death certificate, there might be more pages than on his website. hey hey hey! Had a hard day, needed some kicks and giggles.
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.