Re: How Do I Find GSM Coverage in the US?

> I am going to be visiting Northern California shortly. I am trying

>> to find out what carriers have GSM coverage in 95437 Fort Bragg >> California. Is there a database that might be able to help? > The two major GSM carriers in the US, Cingular (now including what > used to be AT&T Wireless) and T-Mobile both have 1900MHz band licenses > in Mendocino. If you visit Cingular's web site, you can find a > coverage map with a little blob around Fort Bragg, so assuming you > have a 1900MHz phone, it should work. T-Mobile has no coverage at all > in Mendocino, and the 800 MHz band carriers, US Cellular and Verizon, > are both CDMA. > The Mendocino coast is so hilly that I'd expect plenty of dead spots > even for carriers that do cover the area. But it's very pretty. > R's, > John

Thanks to all.

The GSM World page is rarely up to date.

According to the Cingular web site, looks like there is a cell in Fort Bragg. It looks like one cell. GSM cells are only 17 or so miles across.

Still would nice to have a database of US and other global locations with who services them and what technology.

Reply to
A User
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.